Sunday, August 15, 2010

Wireless Internet Security Question?

I know I'm really stupid when it comes to this stuff - but I just got wireless internet working in my apt. and whenever I turn my computer on, it signs right onto the internet - there's a password, but it's already typed in.



Are other people getting this as well? I mean, can someone just click on my wireless internet connection and they will have the password just typed in already as well??



Wireless Internet Security Question?pc security



..no, only yours because it was already typed in once...



Wireless Internet Security Question?symantic



No nothin to worry, its only just ur pc, its a default password for your wireless network, when someone else tries to log into ur network, the password will not be already typed.
You should be able to go into the settings and assign a password. No one else should have the password unless you gave it to them. For mine I have to go to 192.168.2.1 in my web browser. I don't know if that will send you to your specific brand of router but give it a try and look at all the settings under wireless. See if your wireless is secure or not. If it is you should be fine.
No, they'll have to know your password to access your internet...
OK... this one is a lil complicated 2 explain but these r the basics....

No comments:

Post a Comment